A family and gourmet saga The Pralus house was born in Roanne, where Auguste Pralus opened a pastry shop in 1948. His creativity combined with the quality of the products he worked on earned him immediate success. In 1955, he created the famous Praluline®, a brioche with pink pralines which quickly became the town's specialty. It was that same year that he obtained the prestigious title of Meilleur Ouvrier de France pâtissier chocolatier. By taking over the family business, his son François created the chocolate factory and developed a network of shops where his range of chocolates and Praluline®, made under the eyes of customers by pastry chefs, are distributed.
This cocoa comes from the Monte Alegre plantation, located in Itacaré, along the Rio de Contas, south of Bahia. Well balanced, this cocoa develops woody flavors and notes of coffee. A perfect alliance with our Brazilian crops.